Terms & Conditions
This agreement was written in English (US).
Date of Last Revision: April 14th, 2014
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities:
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “SRR”) is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Clubface. By using or accessing Clubface, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 14 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how Clubface works.
I. Privacy – Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Use Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use Clubface to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Use Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
II. Sharing Your Content and Information –
You own all of the content and information you post on Clubface, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
I. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Clubface (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
II. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
III. When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
IV. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Clubface, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
V. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Clubface, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
1. Safety- We do our best to keep Clubface safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Clubface safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
I. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Clubface.
II. You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Clubface, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
III. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Clubface.
IV. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
V. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
VI. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
VII. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
VIII. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
IX. You will not use Clubface to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
X. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Clubface, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Clubface functionality.
XI. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
2. Registration and Account Security – Clubface users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
I. You will not provide any false personal information on Clubface, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
II. You will not create more than one personal account.
III. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
IV. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Clubface Page for such purposes.
V. You will not use Clubface if you are under 18 without parent or guardian guidance or permission.
VI. You will not use Clubface if you are a convicted sex offender.
VII. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
VIII. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
IX. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
X. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
3. Protecting Other People’s Rights- We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
I. You will not post content or take any action on Clubface that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
II. We can remove any content or information you post on Clubface if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
III.If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
IV. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
V. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
VII. You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on Clubface.
VIII. You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. Clubface offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
4. Mobile and Other Devices
I. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
II. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on Clubface within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
III. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on Clubface.
5. Payments – If you make a payment on Clubface or use Clubface Credits, you agree to our Payments Terms.
6. Special Provisions Applicable to Social Plugins If you include our Social Plugins, such as the Share or Like buttons on your website, the following additional terms apply to you:
I. We give you permission to use Clubface Social Plugins so that users can post links or content from your website on Clubface.
II. You give us permission to use and allow others to use such links and content on Clubface.
III. You will not place a Social Plugin on any page containing content that would violate this Statement if posted on Clubface.
7. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Clubface
8. Our goal is to deliver ads and commercial content that are valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
I. You can use your privacy settings to limit how your name and profile picture may be associated with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. You give us permission to use your name and profile picture in connection with that content, subject to the limits you place.
II. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
III. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
9. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers – You can target your desired audience by buying ads on Clubface. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order through our online advertising business portal (Order):
I. When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend, and your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
II. In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify.
III. You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
IV. Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
V. We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
VI. We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks your ads will get.
VII. We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. We have systems that attempt to detect and filter certain click activity, but we are not responsible for click fraud, technological issues, or other potentially invalid click activity that may affect the cost of running ads.
VIII. You can cancel your Order at any time through our online portal, but it may take up to 24 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for all ads that run.
IX. Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
X. We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
XI. You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with Clubface without our prior written permission.
XII. We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
XIII. If you are placing ads on someone else’s behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, including the following:
i. You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
ii. You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
XIV. Special Provisions Applicable to Pages- If you create or administer a Page on Clubface, or run a promotion or an offer from your Page, you agree to our Pages Terms.
XV. Special Provisions Applicable to Software-
i. If you download our software, such as a stand-alone software product or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance and further develop the software.
ii. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license or we give you express written permission.
i. Unless we make a change for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, we will provide you with seven (7) days notice (for example, by posting the change on the Clubface Site Governance Page) and an opportunity to comment on changes to this Statement. You can also visit our Clubface Governance Page and “like” the Page to get updates about changes to this Statement.
ii. If we make changes to policies referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
ii. Your continued use of Clubface following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
XVII. Termination –
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Clubface to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 8.2, 9.1-9.3, 9.9, 9.10, 9.13, 9.15, 9.18, 10.3, 11.2, 11.5, 11.6, 11.9, 11.12, 11.13, and 15-19.
i. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Clubface exclusively in a state or federal court located in Santa Clara County. The laws of the State of California will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Santa Clara County, California for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
ii. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Clubface, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on Clubface and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Clubface. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Clubface. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of Clubface.
iii. WE TRY TO KEEP CLUBFACE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING CLUBFACE AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT CLUBFACE WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT CLUBFACE WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. CLUBFACE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
XIX. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States- We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Clubface outside the United States:
i. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
ii. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Clubface (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website.
i. By “Clubface” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.clubface.net and any other Clubface branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
ii. By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Clubface or provide data to us.
iii. By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Clubface.
iv. By “content” we mean anything you or other users post on Clubface that would not be included in the definition of information.
v. By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Clubface or provide to Clubface through Platform.
vi. By “post” we mean post on Clubface or otherwise make available by using Clubface.
vii. By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
viii. By “active registered user” we mean a user who has logged into Clubface at least once in the previous 30 days.
ix. By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
i. If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and Clubface, Inc. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean Clubface, Inc. as appropriate.
ii. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Clubface, and supersedes any prior agreements.
iii. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
iv. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
v. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
vi. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
vii. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
viii. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
ix. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
x. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Clubface.
Clubface Payment Terms
Clubface, Inc. “Clubface”
1.You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
2. You must provide your full name, a valid email address, and any other information needed in order to complete the signup process.
3. You are responsible for keeping your password secure. Clubface cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
4. You may not use the Clubface service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction.
5. You are responsible for all activity and content (data, graphics, photos, links) that is uploaded under your Clubface account.
6. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
7. A breach or violation of any of the Account Terms as determined in the sole discretion of Clubface will result in an immediate termination of your services.
You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this User Agreement and the before you may become a member of Clubface.
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
2. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
3. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an ”as is“ and ”as available“ basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
4. Clubface does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
5. Clubface does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
6. You understand that your Content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
7. We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
8. Clubface does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
9. You expressly understand and agree that Clubface shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
10. In no event shall Clubface or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, Clubface partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
11. Technical support is available via email.
12. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Clubface.
13. Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Clubface customer, Clubface employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
14. We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Clubface service. All material you upload remains yours. You can remove your Clubface store at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove all content you have stored on the Service.
15. By uploading images and item description content to clubface.net, you agree to allow other internet users to view them and you agree to allow Clubface to display and store them and you agree that Clubface can, at any time, review all the content submitted by you to its Service.
16. The failure of Clubface to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Clubface and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Clubface (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
17. You retain ownership over all content that you submit to a Clubface store however, by making your page public, you agree to allow others to view your content.
18. You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use Clubface or Clubface trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof.
19. Clubface does not pre-screen Content and it is in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment of Fees
1. A valid credit card or PayPal Account is required for accounts able to process orders using a live payment gateway.
2. The service will be billed in 30 day intervals for “Businesses” and once a year for “Golfers, Instructors” “Members”. Course Manager” “Member “will be invoiced in 30 day intervals according to their sales contract.
3. When your billing period is over Clubface users will be sent an invoice via email. As well, an invoice will appear on the account page of your Clubface administration console. Users have approximately two weeks to bring up and settle any issues with the billing.
4. All fees are exclusive of all federal, provincial, state or other governmental sales, goods and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”).
5. To the extent that you are a non-resident individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, and your location of usage shifts to a place in Canada when the service is made, you must advise us immediately by email to the address provided above.
6. Clubface does not provide refunds.
For live payment gateways, a valid credit card is required.
You will be billed every 30 days and have 2 weeks to pay.
Tax is not included and will be billed to your credit card.
Cancellation and Termination
1. You may cancel your account at anytime by emailing email@example.com
2. Once your account is cancelled all of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service. Since deletion of all data is final please be sure that you do in fact want to cancel your account before doing so.
3. If you cancel the Service in the middle of the month, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid you will not be charged again.
4. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Clubface service for any reason, without notice at any time.
5. Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, Clubface may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
To cancel, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and all your content will be permanently deleted. If you cancel in the middle of the month, you’ll have one last e-mail invoice. We may change or cancel the Clubface service at anytime. Any fraud and we will suspend or cancel your account.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
1. Prices for using Clubface are subject to change upon 30 days notice from Clubface. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Clubface Site (clubface.net) or the administration menu of your Clubface store via an announcement.
2. Clubface reserves the right at any time to time to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
3. Clubface shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We may change or discontinue the service at anytime, without liability.
Clubface Advertising Guidelines
At Clubface, we believe that ads should contribute to and be consistent with the overall user experience. The best ads are those that are tailored to individuals based on how they and their friends interact and affiliate with the brands, artists, and businesses they care about. These guidelines are not intended to serve as legal advice and adherence to these guidelines does not necessarily constitute legal compliance. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that their ads comply with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
i. Our Advertising Guidelines consist of advertising content criteria, community standards, and other applicable requirements.
ii. The Ad Guidelines, as well as our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, apply to all ads and commercial content (“ads”) served by or appearing on Clubface (including ads purchased under AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions).
iii. Ads that are generated through Page posts, and ads that promote a sweepstakes, contest, competition or offer must also comply with the Pages Terms.
iv. Ads must not contain false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content.
v. You may not manage more than one advertiser or client through a single ad account, and may not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account.
2. Data and Privacy
i. No data collected, derived or obtained from or in connection with a Clubface ad, including Clubface’s delivery of an ad, and Clubface users’ interaction with a Clubfaced-served ad (such as information derived from targeting criteria) (“Clubface advertising data”) may be received or used by an entity not acting on behalf of a Clubface advertiser.
ii. You may not use Clubface advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, building or augmenting user profiles, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis to assess the performance and effectiveness of your Clubface advertising campaigns.
iii. You may use information provided directly to you from users if you provide clear notice to and obtain consent from those users and comply with all applicable laws and industry guidelines.
iv. You may not directly or indirectly transfer or sell any data to, or use such data in connection with any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other party not acting on behalf of an advertiser and the advertiser’s Clubface advertising campaigns. By indirectly we mean you cannot, for example, transfer data to a third party who then transfers the data to an ad network.
3. Ad Creative and PositioningAll components of an ad, including any text, images, or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the ad. Ads may not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a user’s interaction or expands within Clubface after a user clicks on the ad. Ads may not position products or services in a sexually suggestive manner. Ads may not contain content that exploits political agendas or “hot button” issues for commercial use. Additionally, ad text must include proper grammar and the use of all symbols, numbers, or letters must adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
i. AccuracyAds must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised. Products and services promoted in the ad copy must be clearly represented on the landing page, and the destination site may not offer or link to any prohibited product or service. Additionally, ads may not suggest false relevancy to generic offers.
II. AttributionAd text may not assert or imply, directly or indirectly, within the ad content or by targeting, a user’s personal characteristics within the following categories:
i. race or ethnic origin;
ii.religion or philosophical belief;
iv. .sexual orientation or sexual life;
v. gender identity;
vi. disability or medical condition (including physical or mental health);
vii. financial status or information;
viii. membership in a trade union; and
ix. criminal record.
III. Destination SitesAds must lead to a functioning landing page that does not interfere with a user’s ability to navigate away from the page.
IV. ImagesAds and sponsored stories in News Feed may not include images comprised of more than 20% text.
V. TargetingAds must always apply appropriate targeting and never use targeting criteria to provoke users. Ads for regulated goods and services (e.g. alcohol and gambling), must abide by all applicable laws, regulations, and industry codes. Specific requirements for dating services, alcohol, gambling, contraceptives and subscription services must adhere to the requirements listed in the Help Center under the applicable content sections.
4. Ad ContentAdvertisers must ensure that their ads comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. All claims in ads must be adequately substantiated. Ads must not offend users. Ads and any offers promoted within ads must not be false, deceptive or misleading or contain spam. Ads must not contain or promote illegal products or services. Ads must not violate the rights of any third parties. The following specific content guidelines apply:
I. Adult ProductsAds may not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, including but not limited to toys, videos, publications, live shows, or sexual enhancement products. Ads for family planning and contraception are allowed provided they follow the appropriate targeting requirements.
i. Ads that promote or reference alcohol are any jurisdiction where such ads are prohibited by law.
ii. Where permissible, ads that promote or reference alcohol must: (i) Comply with all applicable local laws, required or recommended industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals and (ii) apply age and country targeting criteria consistent with Clubface's targeting guidelines and applicable local laws.Where a user’s age or country cannot be determined, the ad must not be displayed to the user.
III. DatingAds for adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis are not permitted. Ads for other online dating services must adhere to the dating targeting requirements and the name of the product or service must be included in the ad text or image
IV. Drugs and TobaccoAds may not promote or facilitate the sale or consumption of illegal or recreational drugs, tobacco products, or drug or tobacco paraphernalia.
V. Gambling and Lotteries
i. Ads that promote or facilitate online gambling, games of skill or lotteries, including online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed in specific countries with prior authorization from Clubface.
ii. Lotteries run by government entities may advertise on Clubface, provided that ads must be targeted in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the ads will be served and may only target users in the jurisdiction in which the lottery is available.
iii. Ads that promote offline gambling establishments, such as offline casinos, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, are generally permitted, provided that ads must be appropriately targeted.
VI. Pharmaceuticals and Supplements
i. Ads must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Ads for online pharmacies are prohibited except that ads for certified pharmacies may be permitted with prior approval from Clubface.
ii. Ads that promote dietary and herbal supplements are generally permitted, provided they do not promote products containing anabolic steroids, chitosan, comfrey, dehydroepiandrosterne, ephedra, human growth hormones, melatonin, and any additional products deemed unsafe or questionable by Clubface in its sole discretion.
Ads may not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads or any software that results in an unexpected, deceptive or unfair user experience, including but not limited to software which:
i. “sneaks” onto a user’s system;
ii. performs activities hidden to the user;
iii. may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on a user’s computer without express permission from the user;
iv. is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for an additional fee;
v. automatically downloads without Clubface's express prior approval;
vi. presents download dialog boxes without a user’s action; or
vii. may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.
VIII. Subscription ServicesAds for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to the following requirements:
i. Ad text must clearly and conspicuously disclose the recurring billing component (e.g. “subscription required”).
ii. The landing page must:
a. display the price and billing interval wherever the user is prompted to enter personally identifiable information
b. include an unchecked opt-in checkbox; and
c. include language informing users how to cancel their subscription or membership.
iii. Each of the foregoing must be located in a prominent place on your landing page, as determined by Clubface in its sole discretion, and should be easy to find, read, and understand.
IX. Unacceptable Business ModelAds may not promote a business model or practice that is deemed by Clubface in its sole discretion to be unacceptable or contrary to Clubface's overall advertising philosophy or to any applicable law, including but not limited to multi-level marketing schemes, or advertisements for scams.
X. Weapons and ExplosivesAds may not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
5. Ad Community StandardsAds, or categories of ads, that receive a significant amount of negative user feedback, or are otherwise deemed to violate our community standards, are prohibited and may be removed. In all cases, Clubface reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether particular content is in violation of our community standards.
I. Illegal ActivityAds may not constitute, facilitate or promote illegal activity.
II. HarassmentAds may not insult, attack, harass, bully, threaten, demean or impersonate others.
II. Hate SpeechAds may not contain “hate speech,” whether directed at an individual or a group, based on membership within certain categories. These categories include, but are not limited to, race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language.
IV. MinorsAds that are targeted to minors may not promote products or services that are illegal for use by minors in their jurisdiction, or that are deemed to be unsafe or inappropriate.
V. Sex/NudityAds may not contain adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
VI. Shock ValueAds may not be shocking, sensational or disrespectful, or portray excessive violence.
6. Clubface References
Ads may not imply a Clubface endorsement or partnership of any kind. Ads linking to Clubface branded content (including Pages, groups, events, or Connect sites) may make limited reference to “Clubface” in ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the ad. All other ads and landing pages may not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
7. Rights of Others
Ads may not include content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.Please note: In the event of any wrongdoings and non-compliance of terms associated with the advertising guidelines Clubface, Inc. has reserved the right to delete any such material that does not comply with Clubface guidelines. This includes full deletion of account and any associated pages without notice. Any questions or concerns may be e-mailed to email@example.com